Welcome to Motivational Monday’s with Electra
Since I am a business owner and Internet marketer, I share personal strategies that will assist you to achieve your goals. Today, I am sharing five ways on how to be confident at work.
- Mentoring or working for a company to gain experience.
If you decide to build a business find a mentor that is willing to be transparent with you and tell you what you need to know. An honest mentor is going to give you information that you did not know to ask. Learning from a person’s experiences, helps you to be confident at work because scenarios will sound almost like déjà vu.Find a mentor by:
a. Joining a professional organization, meeting others in the industry
b. Attend industry conferences and events meeting people
c. Research the industry leaders and read available content they have shared online
- Experience will always be the greatest teacher.
After working a job in your field for 3 – 5 years, you will have a good idea of what you need to do to operate a business in your industry successfully. You will have the paperwork and processes implemented but the actual experience of going through the process will be the best boost for you to feel confident at work.
- Knowledge is power.
As an entrepreneur, continuing education is a necessity, not a choice. Companies all over are closing, because they did not educate themselves regarding the changes that were happening in their industry. Setting time aside weekly to read and keep up with the industry trends will assist you to be confident in you endeavors.
- Entrepreneurialism takes courage because you are stepping out on faith.
For this reason, it is important that you do personal work to mentally and emotionally empower yourself. People will challenge your worth. It is important that you know the value you bring to the table and how your value positively impacts companies or customers you serve. Knowing this information leads you to build business relationships that are mutually beneficial. You will also excel because you know from experience and knowledge, which opportunities to accept or decline.
- Committing to Excellence is imperative.
Without a commitment to excellence, everything you learn from a mentor or knowledge gained will not help. If the mentor gives you information, or you read a book of proven strategies, but you do not implement them, it is no good to you. I am not a fan of competition, but I do believe that committing to excellence will be a determining factor of how long you stay in business.
This week your motivation is to start using one of the above strategies to improve an area of your life. You do not have to be an entrepreneur to apply any of these approaches. Meaning:
- When we are stagnant in an area of our life, we need someone (a mentor) that is successful in this area to show us the way.
- When we learn to do something better by doing it, that’s our experience, empowering us to feel confident.
- The more you know, the better decisions you can make. Being knowledgeable helps you to radiate confidence.
- Achieving excellence in your field can help you have a choice of premium opportunities. Business owners and employees that dedicate themselves to doing quality work receive opportunities in their inboxes plus promotions.
I welcome you to share your experiences on Twitter this week sharing the results of implementing one of the above ideas (tag me: @ElectraFord)
To learn more about my work, join me Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 7:35 p.m. CST on Periscope. Click on this link, http://linktr.ee/electraford and then click #4.
If you like what you hear, join me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/VirtualOfficeCenter .